The Military is a body that is respected for the noble work they do. Their uniforms are very vital for every mission. The uniforms therefore need be practical in order to serve their purpose comfortably and not be a hindrance in any way. That is why they are made following military guidelines. The men and women who selflessly and bravely serve our country deserve nothing but the best. They need cutting edge quality gear.
Our military gear is sewn to militaray specifications. These clothes are crafted for a noble purpose and are therefore perfected in every stitch. Special parameters are followed when sewing BDU pants, cargo pants and military clothing. A proper BDU pant has six pockets. Four of these pockets have button flaps. The pants have four fly buttons an adjustable waist tab with four bar tracks and drain holes in the bellows pockets. It also has nylon drawstring leg closures that are fused knotted and tacked.
These BDU pants are sewn to military specification MIL-T-44047E. Included in this specification is that they must have at least 11 stitches per inch, a double reinforced seat and knee to ensure durability. The trouser also has felled inseam, out seam and seat seam.
sewn to military specification MIL-T-44047E
military grade pocketing
guaranteed 11 stitches per inch
six pockets - four with button flaps
fused pocket flaps
double-reinforced seat and knee
adjustable waist tabs w/ 4 bar tacks
drain holes in bellows pockets
nylon drawstring leg closures - fused, knotted and tacked
felled inseam, outseam and seat seam
How to Measure Yourself for a Set of BDU's
Getting your size correct is pretty easy if you measure yourself accurately. Your going to need a measuring tape for this, so leave this page up while you go dig out the seamstresses measuring tape that you know is somewhere in the house! Also, remember what your mother always told you when you were a kid, "Stand up straight and have good posture". It is important when you are measuring yourself. The measurements you are going to make will be compared to the measurements on our BDU size chart. Click here to have the size charts pop open in a new window.
Okay, here are your instructions:
- Measure your waist standing up straight and tall. Take the measurement over your shirt at your waist.
- Next is your inseam measurement. Grab a pair of pants (trousers for our foreign visitors) that fit you well currently. Lay them on a table flat with the side seam facing up. You are going to measure the inside seam of your pants. Smooth the pants and straighten them so they lay neatly on your table.
- Measure the length of the seam from the base of the crotch of the pants to the bottom hem. Make sure you are measuring the inside of the pant leg and not the outside seam.
- Now you are going to measure your chest size. Remember, stand up straight!
- Place the measuring tape under your arms right at the pit level and wrap the tape around your chest and back. You are basicly wrapping the tape around your entire body, front and back in a circle at the level where your nipples are.
- Now that you have your measurements, compare them to our size chart to determine your correct size of BDU's.
- Buy your BDU's from us. After all, we gave you all this great information!
- Send us a picture of you in your BDU's! With a little luck, you might find yourself on our site or our Facebook page.