MERLIN? Folding Backpack #0454
The MERLIN Folding Backpack is a light-weight "escape-and-evasion" style backpack that folds into itself forming a small MOLLE-compatible packet which can be attached onto belts or other modular platforms using TacTie. When unfolded, the main compartment of the pack will hold approximately 1080 cu. in. of gear. A totally separate back compartment equipped with top D-ring can hold a hydration reservoir, flat items such as maps/documents, or a folded towel/jacket. Two separate frontal pockets allow organization of smaller items. Our unique zipper pull limiter system allows user to adjust the direction of lower pocket opening depending on the pack expanded or contracted state. Important note: the body of the MERLIN backpack is made from tough 420-denier coated nylon fabric (internal seams finished, of course) to take advantage of its ability to fold into a small space. Frontal pockets are made from 1000-denier coated nylon fabric.
- Folded size: 8"(L) x 5"(W) x 4"(H)
- Main: 12"(L) x 6"(W) x 15"(H) (approx. 1080 cu. in.), rain flap over dual zipper opening
- Front pocket (top): 7"(L) x 2"(W) x 5"(H) with elastic loops, dual zipper opening
- Front pocket (bottom): 7"(L) x 2"(W) x 5"(H) with cloth divider and zipper pull limiter, dual zipper opening
- Rear slip pocket: 15"(L) x 9"(W) with D-ring, hook-and-loop closure
- Carry handle: Yes
- Hydration: Up to 100oz. reservoir
- Empty weight: 17.8oz
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Check out our other Maxpedition products , the Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger, the Maxpedition Malaga Gearslinger, or the Maxpedition Thermite Versipack.